amplifier for orphean horns (Off Topic)

by fu_man @, Tuesday, December 05, 2006, 11:52 (6352 days ago) @ Bert

Its not about the most expensive products, its about their potential and
level of quality that can be reached with it and fitting within my own
philosophy.

yeah, that was kind of my point... not all BMS drivers are going to sound the same - depending on how they are implemented... not all T amps will sound the same either

You should hear the Orphean play... :)

OMG you don't know how much I want to! If you ever sell one to anyone in New Zealand, please ask them that if they would be willing to demo it to contact me...I'll offer to take my Sig 30 around for them to trial! :wink:
I did try the NZ audio forum to find Oris owners but no luck...

If price is what matters then my sign below would state - Only the most
expensive - and thus following the believe of many audiophiles thinking
that it can only sound good if the price is very high.

Agreed, my comment related to this: "I have seen Goto several times, seems to be very good but their price tag is out of reach for most of us..." you then noted that these didn’t fit your philosophy. My point was that you take something that doesn’t necessarily cost a fortune and implement and tweak it to get stellar results. Some people can not accept that the same can be true of Tripath chips.. oh well ! It's not a response i expected in a forum like this given that front loaded horn owners have at least at some stage had an open mind.
Perhaps it is because I am getting into fiery realms when I mention that one can still be happy without tubes that arena is known to be defensive and mercilessly punishing... however I suspect it is more because I didn't recommend the same thing as you did Bert? I trust you didn't take offence.

Anyway, I was never trying to tell anyone that their amps are not the best in the world, only passing on my opinion of the Sig 30 to someone who asked.

Bert, on a side note, ever thought of offering a Orphean to 6-moons for a review?

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread