amplifier for orphean horns (Off Topic)

by Bert @, Tuesday, December 05, 2006, 12:20 (6353 days ago) @ fu_man

Hi Fu_man,

yeah, that was kind of my point... not all BMS drivers are going to sound the same - depending on how they are implemented... not all T amps will sound the same either

So true but I haven't heard a good T-amp yet that beats my "standard" tubes... time will tell :wink:

OMG you don't know how much I want to! If you ever sell one to anyone in New Zealand, please ask them that if they would be willing to demo it to contact me...I'll offer to take my Sig 30 around for them to trial! :wink:

There isn't any in New Zealand yet, not even close! Just get them yourself and you'll never want to go back... :grin:

... Some people can not accept that the same can be true of Tripath chips.. oh well ! It's not a response i expected in a forum like this given that front loaded horn owners have at least at some stage had an open mind.

You will not only find front loaded horn users around here (pity for them but true...).

... however I suspect it is more because I didn't recommend the same thing as you did Bert? I trust you didn't take offence.

No offence taken, anybody can share their own view on this matter. Similar to what I am doing all the time.... most important is that people listen themselves but the problem is that this is not always possible.

Things people do seem to forget is that the sound they hear is not only the amp, the speaker, the wiring, the source but the whole system. What is best for one system is something else for another system (and taste). Don't forget that there are people who paid a lot of money for their tube amplifier, no way that a cheap T Amp can ever sound better!!!!

Audiophiles not trusting their own ears but relying most on reviews, price tags..., remember?

Bert, on a side note, ever thought of offering a Orphean to 6-moons for a review?

Only when I feel that I want to sell more (commercially thinking but that's somebody else talking than me...) someday they will hear it on a show when I will go out for a demo with the Orpheans though. In the meantime you'll have to do it with customers reviews which are in my book the most relevant ones...

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread